Becoming Part of Our Practice
The Process of Choosing a Provider
Our practice is completely open to Newborns and Transfer patients. Occasionally 2-3 of our providers will decrease their acceptance rate in order to maintain good access for existing patients. All providers accept new siblings of existing patients. Please call our office and speak with our New Patient Coordinator to schedule a new patient appointment or register your new baby.
You can get better acquainted with our providers by visiting the provider biography section. If you are not sure who you would like to see, please call the office and the New Patient Coordinator can help you select a pediatrician that will best fit you and your family.
Longwood Pediatrics accepts many insurance plans to give you flexibility in keeping us as your pediatric primary care provider. Each health insurance plan is different so it is important that you understand the coverage that your health insurance plan provides. If your health insurance requires a co-payment, we require that to be paid at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover for payment.
Our practice participates in the following health insurance plans. If your health insurance plan is not on this page, please contact your insurance company or Longwood Pediatrics to verify that we accept your health plan insurance.
Plans that we accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (all products)
- Children’s Medical Security Plan
- Commonwealth Care through BCBS and HPHC
- Fallon Community Health Plan (Select care/Commonwealth Plan PPO/Network Direct)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)/Coventry)
- MassHealth Standard
- Multiplan (PHCS)
- Neighborhood Health Plan (commercial plans only)
- Tricare (standard only)
- Tufts Health Plan (except for Spirit and Select plans)
- Tufts Health together with Boston Children’s ACO
- United Health Care
- Most indemnity Insurances
Plans that we do not accept:
- BMC Health Net
- Commonwealth Choice (except those listed above)
- International Insurances
- Minute Man
- MassHealth PCC
- Neighborhood Health Plan (MassHealth)
The staff at Longwood Pediatrics will assist our patients in obtaining health insurance for their children by providing information on available resources.
Mass Health provides insurance for children based on income qualifications. Apply online or call 1-888-665-9997.
Health Care for All has information on all the various Mass Health Plan, Children’s Medical Security, Commonwealth Care, Healthy Start and other options available to Mass residents. For questions needing answers by a counselor, go to their http://www.hcfama.org or call the free helpline: 1-800-272-4232.