We are currently screening all patients for coronavirus (COVID-19) by phone and all patients/families at the time of check in to minimize transmission of this illness among our patient population. Patients who screen positive over the phone will be advised to remain home while our staff works with the MA Department of Public Health to determine the next steps in their care. Patients or family members who screen positive in the office will be promptly isolated from other well patients. Our practice is following the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and MADPH (MA Department of Public Health) protocols and will continue to update our polices in accordance with changing guidelines. We urge you to stay informed about this rapidly evolving situation using the following websites:
- MADPH: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For Travel related questions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Boston Children’s Hospital: http://www.childrenshospital.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions/c/coronavirus
Currently, the MADPH is only recommending testing on individuals who screen positive to one of the screening questions below:
- If you are concerned you/your child has had close contact with a person with a lab confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and have fever OR cough OR difficulty breathing, please call our office.
- If you or your child or a close contact has traveled to Iran, Italy, South Korea, Japan or China within the last 14 days and the patient has fever AND either a cough or difficulty breathing, please call our office.
*Close contact is defined as being within approximately 6 feet of a COVID-19 confirmed case for a prolonged period of time.
If you are do not fall into these categories, and have further questions regarding coronavirus that the above websites do not address, please feel free to message our staff through the MyChart patient portal. Please be patient with us as we work to address the high volume of questions and concerns regarding this outbreak in a timely fashion. We are committed to keeping you safe and informed and will be making updates on our social media (Facebook) and website (coming soon) regarding this evolving situation.
For questions regarding canceling or postponing travel due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) our providers urge you to refer to the CDC website. We encourage you to use these regularly updated guidelines to make an informed travel decisions for your family.