Spring has arrived early here in Massachusetts. If you suffer from Spring Allergies, start your medications early and stay on top of those allergy symptoms. Purchase your medications now before stores run low on supplies.
If your child has asthma, he/she may need to begin their inhaled corticosteroids such as Flovent; check your asthma action plan.
Antihistamines and Allergy medications are all now available Over the Counter.
Tips to minimize allergy symptoms:
- Pollen counts are at their highest between 5am-10am. If possible avoid outdoor activities during these peak times.
- Keep windows in the bedrooms closed in order to reduce the pollen in the room.
- Shower every night before bedtime to remove any pollen that is on the hair and body.
- Change clothes after coming inside from playing outdoors.
- Wear a hat that can easily be removed after coming indoors.