It is important to talk with your children about general safety rules. You want to stress to them that there are people who try to trick and hurt others.
- I CHECK FIRST with my parents, guardians, or other trusted adults before going anywhere, helping anyone, accepting anything, or getting into a car.
- I TAKE A FRIEND with me when going places of playing outside.
- I TELL people “NO” if they try to touch me or hurt me. It’s OK for me to stand up for myself
- I TELL my trusted adult if anything makes me feel sad, scared, or confused.
Sometimes there are people who trick or hurt others. No one has the right to do that to you. So use these rules, and remember you are STRONG, are SMART, and have the right to be SAFE.
- CHECK FIRST
- TAKE A FRIEND.
- TELL PEOPLE “NO” IF THEY TRY TO TOUCH YOU OR HURT YOU
- TELL AN ADULT YOU TRUST IF ANYTHING HAPPENS
You can visit http://www.netsmartz.org/Parents for fun interactive games to help teach children how to stay safe.